Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another ringer with the slick trigger finger/for her majesty/another one with the golden tongue

Baseball news
Well, you sure the hell aren’t hearing it here first but…
* Matt Holliday is traded to the Oakland A’s
* Evan Longoria and Geovany Soto are Rookies of the Year (hey, if that squeaky voiced little kid can do it in the Disney movie…)
* NL Cy Young Award goes to some guy I don’t know…Tim Lincecum (Giants)

Non-baseball but no less important

Overheard – That’s What She Said Specials

Via text message between Stacy (who was upstairs) and me (who was downstairs)
Stacy: The bedroom floor is one big vibrator.
Me: That’s what she said.
Stacy: I don’t think it counts when the intent is sexual.
Me: Of course it does. We will have to bring this up to the courts to decide.
Stacy: That’s what she said.
Me: Dumbass.
Stacy: What are you doing now?Me: Updating my blog with our conversation. Are you still on the vibrating floor?

Stacy: Just got up.
Me: That’s what she said.

In my house whilst watching CSI: Miami
The CSI people go into this fancy house
Aunt K: Man, he had to rub a lot of oil on a lot of women to get a place that big.
Me: That’s what she said.
Aunt K: She did?
Me (laughing): I gotta write that down.
Aunt K: Wait, did she say that?

On Saturday at the Thunder from Down Under All-Male Strip Show
By drunk woman whilst taking a picture of herself with two other friends
Woman: Let’s have a threesome!
Me (muttering under my breath): That’s what she said!

On Saturday at the Thunder from Down Under All-Male Strip Show
During the Sparta dance “routine”
Elle: They have swords!

Me: That’s what she said!
Elle: They are touching them together.
Me: THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID!

Overheard: Non-That’s What She Said Moments

In my cubicle
MT (who holds an MBA and speaks multiple languages): You talk about David Cook way more than humanly possible
Me: Shut it, you are the one pretending to love David Archuleta.
MT: Didn’t you hear Jen? I am an Archie’s Angel!
Me (choking): I gotta right that down.

In the kitchen while cooking
Lucy (wearing a Hannah Montana blonde wig): Can I watch you cook?

Stacy: No baby, it is hot in here and you are wearing a very flammable wig.


Getting my servings of fruits and veggies
Whilst a Bloody Mary does not in fact include blood or someone called Mary it does contain tomatoes juice, celery and pickle. That right there covers my veggie-servings.

Note to self: Eating purple M&Ms does not substitute as a fruit serving just because they look like grapes. They aren’t.

Top Albums
I was asked to name my top 10 albums of all time…of course I added a few extra.

Prince – Purple Rain
AC/DC – Back in Black
America – History
Beastie Boys – Ill Communication
Bob Marley & the Wailers – Legend
Counting Crows – August & Everything After
David Bowie – Best of Bowie
Proclaimers – Sunshine of Leith
Queen – Greatest Hits
Steve Miller Band – Young Hearts
Tom Petty – Greatest Hits
Violent Femmes – Violent Femmes

Honorable mentions:
The Fratellis – Costello Music
Babyshambles – Shotter’s Nation
The Kooks – In/Inside Out
Matisyahu – Youth
Regina Spektor – Begin to Hope
Rilo Kiley – More adventurous
Travis – Singles
22-20s – 05-03

Music of the Day
I think I posted this song a while ago before it was released. However, now it has a video for it. This is the new theme song for the Bond movie. Hey, I will post anything that Jack White touches…he’s gold, baby!

Alicia Keys & Jack White – Another Way to Die (from the new Bond movie)





No comments: