Wednesday, May 16, 2007

And I hung my head and cried - sticking with the lyric theme (taken from You Are My Sunshine)

“I've come to the conclusion that the two most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen.” ~Bob Lemon, 1981

Yeah…looks like the Twins need one of the above.

Don’t even get me started on the game.

There I was bragging and strutting around like a proud peacock about the Minnesota Twins. Look at them! Aren’t they rockstars? Take that you critics!

Well, color me a dumbass. Guess I have egg on my face now.

Last night was brutal. So brutal in fact I not only hung my head in shame whilst muttering a few swear words under my breath so Lucy wouldn’t hear, I also shook my fist at the television and walked away.

I walked away – just like the lyrics from the Ben Harper song:

And its so hard to do

And so easy to say
But sometimes
Sometimes you just have to walk away
Walk away
And head for the door

Final results: Twins lose 7 to 15 against the Cleveland Indians.

So, focusing on good news…I am totally rocking the viewership on my self-promoting, randomly unstable, mildly interesting Lipgloss & Baseball blog, point proven by checking out my counter on the right side. I have had 445 hits since April when I added the counter. Sweet!

No comments: