Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Hello, my name is Jen and I am a bad baseball blogger!

All together now: Hi Jen!

Here is my list of excuses:
It was my birthday last night and I claimed it my “special day”
Amy isn’t here to say funny things (she is on vacation in Hawaii)
Sidney Ponson was pitching and my mom always said “if you don’t have anything nice to say…”
There was an immigration rally going on
There were only 25 people in attendance at the Tampa Bay game
My cat’s breath smells like cat food

Here are some real thoughts:
Ponson pitched and did a pretty darn good job.
The DevilRays looked like a blooper real with their errors
Cuddles McDimples (Cuddyer) did a windmill and somersault
Barty (Bartlett) wore short sleeves so we could see his tattoo
This Friday I am celebrating my baseball birthday with a group of friends and co-workers. We are going to Matty B’s bar (owned by Vikings Matt Birk) and then trying to be one of the first 5,000 fans so we can get a Little Piranha’s (a la Bert Blyleven Pirantahs) fishing lure.

In other sporting news…
The Rangers hosted Buffalo last night for game four of hockey. It was a nail biter. I got sucked in, big time! The Rangers were up 2 – 1 when Buffalo made a shot on goal that needed to be reviewed (with only 13.4 seconds left!) I actually felt stressed out waiting for the video-review people to make a call. Why do I get so emotionally vested in random sports events? You all have to remember the Winter Olympics and Men’s Curling? Anyways, goal was no good and Rangers won! The series is tied 2-2.

No comments: