Happy Home Opener!
Happy Last Season in the Metrodome!
Happy Monday (son of a bitch)!
Happy 30 degree weather (next year you pansies will be freezing your you-know-whats off)!
Happy Francisco “F-Bomb” Liriano Starting Pitcher Day!
One of Those Girls said it best via Twitter: It just occurred to me that this will be my last home opener ever that will be budget-friendly and warm/dry
Don't forget to catch me on Twitter
My hopes for 2009
* A winning season
* New music in the Dome (last year they upped it by including Vampire Weekend and The Fratellis)
* Winning at least one game of Twingo – that sassy bitch of a game gets me EVERYTIME!
* Not to get beaned by a foul ball
* Bring more of my own food (because, if it wasn’t for beer the food in the Dome would suck)
* Being in the Hormel Hotdog Row of Fame (‘cause you can be a wiener winner)
Warning to new readers of this blog
* Sometimes I swear, a lot
* Sometimes I post a Swear Count (American-English: 2 , British English:1)
* Sometimes I am irrational (I hate dolphins, nature and deer)
* Occasionally I rant
* Often I blog about music (and David Cook – shuddup)
* I don’t use my own stats because I can’t be arsed to figure that stuff out. I watch baseball for enjoyment not math.
Let’s look back, shall we?
Home Opener 2008 – And the signs said, the words of the prophets/Are written on the subway walls/And tenement halls/And whispered in the sounds of silence
Notable notes from that blog entry:
* On March 31, 2008 my blog counter was at 9,223 hits. This year: 29,814 hits. Someone out there really loves me…and my swearing.
* It was freaking snowing!
* We sat in the highest spot in the Metrodome. I kid you not.
Music of the Day – Home Opener Edition
To those of you who would assume (when you assume you make an ass out of “u” and “me”) that I would use a David Cook song as the 2009 Home Opener Music of the Day I say to you “You got lucky, I almost did!”
Billy Idol – Rebel Yell (acoustic)
(This is Lucy’s newest song that she’s learning)
Monday, April 6, 2009
In the midnight hour/She cried more more more/With a rebel yell/She cried more more more
Happy Home Opener!