Sunday, April 19, 2009

Everybody’s unworthy and/Everybody loves everybody else and/Everybody takes off their sunglasses

Well, it appears we are making up for the Toronto series
Sure, when the Blue Jays are in town we turned into fumbling 14 year old girls wearing their mom’s stiletto heels for the first time. However, we earned some cred back by sweeping the Angels.

Let’s take a moment and enjoy a blending of two of my favorite things: Baseball and American Idol
This week the American Idol Top 7 went to the LA Dodgers game (hence the Dodger gear, yo!)




Non-baseball but no less important
I am getting too old for this shit – late nights, early mornings

Thursday night I ventured to 7th Street Entry (the small club within First Avenue) to see Ezra Furman & The Harpoons. I have seen this band a few times now and each time I get reminded how much I love their live show. It’s funny, loud, rocking, twangy, twitchy, twirly, hell-all those other “T” words you can think of.



For serious though, you should check out his music. Their sound can best be described as a blend between Violent Femmes and Vampire Weekend with the story and writings of Tom Waits.

I stood in line and it wasn’t too bad
So, I have a short attention span. Duh, I knew that. However, I still met up with Jolene and joined a group of awesome chicks waiting in line on Friday for the Travis concert at the Fine Line Music Café. One hour waiting outside, one hour waiting inside, one opening band and one spot in the front row. It was awesome!






Music of the Day – Saw them in concert Edition

Ezra Furman & The Harpoons – Take Off Your Sunglasses

























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Twins are 1-4 on the road, youre not flipping out like other twins fans are you?