Thursday, February 1, 2007

Let the countdown begin...

Here Lucy is at her 1st Twins game on her 1st birthday!

60 days until Minnesota Home Opener
60 days until I am sitting in Section 233, Row 12, Seat 1
60 days until I have to decide which Twins t-shirt I will wear
60 days until tailgating
60 days until the Twins Rally in the IDS Crystal Court
Which leads into 60 days until I have to think of a reason for being absent from work during the rally time
60 days until I get goose bumps and teary eyes from the 2006 montage
60 days until the introductions of our players are made on the field (some of them starting with: Your 2006 Cy Young…, Your 2006 MVP…, Your 2006 Golden Glove…, Your 2006 Batting Champion…)
60 days until BASEBALL!!!

Are you ready for some baseball news? It appears that New York’s Yankee Stadium will be hosting the 2008 All-Star game. 2008 will also be the last season that the Yankees will be playing in Yankee Stadium as they will be moving to their new stadium. What will happen to the House that Babe Ruth Built?

So have I have been throwing around this idea of going to New York to watch the MN Twins play against the NY Mets in June. I haven’t finalized anything yet so I don’t know if I am going to drive or fly or teleport. I did ask Amy if she wanted to go but she’s non-committal at this point *hint, hint* and I know that Stacy would love to go back to New York *alternative hint, hint* so there are options out there.

Did you know the distance from the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome to Shea Stadium is 1214.80 miles? That would take about 19 hours and 20 minutes to drive (according to Mapquest). Roadtrip anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

59 Days!!!

Stacy said...

Hey ... yeah, NY would be FABULOUS.... you know my state of financial affairs! I would commit if i had a financial backer and remember double all travel times if a toddler is involved!