Friday, January 23, 2009

It is the distant future/The year 2000/We are robots/The world is very different

Twins Fest Weekend!
Be there or be…square? Nah, let’s be honest: the only reason I am going is to people watch and find the 2009 Minnesota Twins Baseball Spirit.

Headlines
Twins could boast 18 Classic players: Club leads Majors with most players on provisional rosters
(aka: boring headline)

Kubel, Twins reach deal in principal: two-year contract with option for third yet to be confirmed

Who’s on Third? (And no that’s not a lame attempt to start that comedy bit)
No, really? Who is going to be our Third base player?
Third base remains Minnesota mystery

What the other blogs are saying

If you haven’t done so yet, go check out Out of Write-Field and sign your baseball blog up (if you have one)

Oh, It’s Those Girls have a nice breakdown of what is happening this weekend at Twinsfest. They’ll help you decide which day you should check it out.

Nick & Nick’s blog is “Charting the Rounds” and breaking down our competition.

K-Bro’s blog is making me giggle with examples of bad grammar in the world of baseball

Kevin Slowey is blogging about his time on the Twins Caravan

Non-baseball but no less important

New Concerts Announced (of a non-David Cook variety)
Morrissey, Madeleine Peyroux, Neko Case, Gordon Lightfoot and Boyz II Men

Don’t fuck around with cupcakes
I would be really disappointed if someone sent me a cupcake-in-bloom flower arrangement. They really do look like cupcakes but in fact are only just flowers. It would be like serving a bottle of Jack Daniels full of iced-tea: disappointing and unfulfilling and wrong. See what I mean?


I love cupcakes.

Things that make me ever-so-happy
I am sure you have all seen the site with these posters but here are three of my favorite:


ShamWow! I loves me the ShamWow guy!!! The giant headset, Ritalin-needing energy, and general quirkiness.


And I ran…ran so far away…Flock of Seagulls have given us so much!


You got Rick-Rolled bitch!

Music of the Day
Flight of the Conchords – The Robot Song

No comments: