Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead / When the skies of November turn gloomy

- The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Gordon Lightfoot

In honor of someone feeling the love for Glen Campbell (glad I am not alone on that) I am breaking out a little Gordon Lightfoot.

The Twins Sisters must have brought a little luck on their road trip to KC.
Monday 9/10 – W 4-2
Tuesday 9/11 – W 6-3

I watched most of the game last night with a few interruptions. I chatted with Amy (via my new Sidekick) for some portions of the game. However, every time something big happened I was either in the kitchen, in the basement or flipping to watch the pilot episode of The Office. Damn you, viewing conflicts! Due to the miracle of technology I did watch the last inning this morning at 5:45 a.m. whilst getting ready for work. Nathan came in for his third Save in a row.

Anyone else notice that the games have been a little slow in KC? Last nights game ran over and the night before also. Let’s pick it up a little.

Today I will be watching the game from the comfort of my cubicle via Game Day.

Two and a half weeks left of Minnesota Twins baseball…sniff.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out. The trip was phenomenal. They had to win...they wouldn't dare lose after we'd gone all that way to see them.

Curveball said...

But the Twin Sisters failed to stay for the matinee and the Twins lose.

Can you still use your ticket stub for a dozen donuts after a game in which the Royals get 12 hits?

Happily, the fans are not in the stands. Can break a donut vendor!

Anonymous said...

I don't think the donut offer is still out there. Someone we were talking to on the bus said you can trade your ticket stub in for cheap coffee & a Snickers bar at the Circle K when Royals pitchers strike out at least 6.

Yeah...we probably should've stayed for yesterday's game. Beats work, and the Twins needed us!

Andersklasen said...

I hate to say it, but I'm almost looking forward to the off-season so that we can start "getting ready" for '08...

Now that I think about it, the winter of '08 will be pretty hectic around the Metrodome...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out on your blog. Tricia is right, when the Royals get 6 or more strikouts you get a free Snickers bar and a pop from Circle K. Funny thing, I didn't see a Circle K in K.C. but we didn't know where to look.
*Becca*