Monday, September 17, 2007

My motto’s always been; when it’s right, it’s right / Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night

Sky rockets in flight / Afternoon delight / Oh, afternoon delight.

How can you not love the Starland Vocal Band? These lyrics are in honor of Gregg who is a closet fan of the Starland Vocal Band (along with the Doodletown Fifers.)


Friday 9/14 vs Los Tigres – L 2-4
Saturday 9/15 vs Los Tigres – L 3-4
Sunday 9/16 vs Los Tigres – L 4-6

Sad.

Dear Baseball,
I am not neglecting you. I am passively watching you whilst weaning you out of my day to day lifestyle. It is going to be hard but I’ll make it. Afterall, March isn’t that far away…is it?

That being said, I did catch some of the game on Saturday whilst nerding out at Amy’s house. Occasionally we like to gather in one spot and be geeks together. We watched the BBC America version of the new Robin Hood and then some of the Sci-Fi show Torchwood but took time out to watch Santana rock the mound. Well, rock probably isn’t the word I am looking for but it is Santana and he is a rock star. That first inning was disheartening.
Sunday was the same feeling. I was flipping between baseball and football (Wait! I was watching football because The Uncle was over and that’s his thing. If The Uncle wants to watch football we better damn well be watching football.)

There are six home games left. Who wants to hit one of them up? I need to go to at least one more game and say goodbye to the 2007 Season in person.
Any takers?

2 comments:

Third Base Line said...

Do drop TBL a line. There is an extra ticket to a game this week floating about her game bag. :)

Anonymous said...

I'd love to go to one more game, but I think my baseball funds are depleted for the year.

On another note, do you think it would be too ridiculous to use the lyrics for "It's a Heartache" by Bonnie Tyler to describe the last few weeks of this season?