Wednesday, January 23, 2008

By and by the way of an explanation/Cast a drift of the shores of shotter’s nation

Twins Fest or bust
See you all on Saturday!!! For the first time I will be in attendance NOT as a babysitter. I plan on wandering aimlessly, chitchatting, taking obscure photos that I won’t remember why I took them later and catching up with some baseball bloggers! This is the start of 2008!

Music Music, La la la

Babyshambles is my pick for M.O.D (Music of the Day)!
Yes, I know, I know, I know. A lot of people don’t like Pete Doherty. However I do like Pete, as a musician (not a drug dealer, not a boyfriend, or not someone to pick my granny up from the airport.) I received the newest Babyshambles album, Shotter’s Nation from our
Astralwerk’s care package. E.V. won’t even give it the time of day (he’s anti-Pete, ever since the Libertine days.) Evidently (per their PR) this is the “album that Peter Doherty and Babyshambles have always promised to make.” Rumor has it Babyshambles will be doing a big European tour in 2008, here’s to hoping they let Pete into the U.S. so I can see them live. I mean, it has been a long, long, long time since I have seen a concert with a drunk, angry-at-the-Man, smoking, disorientated rock star.
Babyshambles webpage

Babyshambles Myspace (yes they are in my Friends also)

Babyshambles Wikipedia page

My two favorite songs off the Shotter’s Nation album
You Talk music video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrIAjeRYZhg
Delivery music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAtFA8rL3Qw

Coachella
The Coachella lineup has been announced and there are some fantastic acts on the bill. If I was going (which I am not but one year I will make the trek, it is just I am not an “outdoor music festival” type of person. I like flushing toilets and a roof over my head) here are the acts I would make a point to see: Raconteurs, Fatboy Slim, the Swell Season (from the movie Once), Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, Minus the Bear, Jens Lekman, Vampire Weekend, Architecture in Helsinki, The Bees, Rilo Kiley, M.I.A, Flogging Molly, VHS or Beta, The Bird and the Bee, Roger Waters, The Streets, Sia, and Shout Out Louds. Most of these bands are ones that either I have seen, or friends have, in concert.

No comments: