Thursday, June 14, 2007

It was a great game and yet I found some teenage angst to spoil the mood

Ah yes, Silva was awesome. However, I do not feel the need to get on my knees and beg for forgiveness from my co-workers and baseballies that are throwing my fine words back at me. “One good game doth not make a great pitcher.”

But, let’s move on to the point of this blog. Silva pitched a phenomenal game last night. In fact, everyone played their “A” game. It was fun to watch. It was fun to cheer. It was fun to stand during the 9th inning and hold my breath in anticipation of Silva’s shut-out (mind you, this was done from the comfort on my living room with a bottle of Blue Moon beer.)

Bert said…
Do you ever find yourself thinking you are using a new/imaginative nickname or phrasing but then find out everyone is using it? Well, my baseball-gang (yet to be named) and I have been using the term “Hi Ho Silva” in reference to said pitcher. Well, lo and behold, I heard Captain Bert say “Hi ho Silva, away.” I don’t think that means I am cool.

Don’t make me take out my earrings (in reference to trash talking)
I found myself shouting out “in your face” when they showed clips of Bobby Cox (the Braves manager) looking stoic in the dugout. Yeah, I am shallow? What are you going to do about it? You all knew coming into this blog that I was going to write about my favorite thing…baseball but I wouldn’t filter my trashy/ghetto/girly thoughts. I wasn’t going to dumb down myself in order to appeal to “professional baseball talky.”

Warning: Yankee bitching ahead
By the way…on ESPN’s Baseball Tonight I was saddened (aka disgusted) to find them spending 20 precious minutes dissecting the fact that Subway numbers of the Mets and Yankees. What? The Yankees are getting better and the Mets are getting worse? Does no one else see the numbers? What? The Yankees have won 11 of their last 13 games? What? A-Rod hit number 25? Oh, also…this may sound shallow but I wish that Sports Illustrated online would attempt to include a picture of any one of our great Twins plays in their “Great Plays of the Week” photo gallery. Seriously, I grind my teeth looking at them.

No comments: