Friday, June 15, 2007

Out with the Braves and in with the Brewers

What a great game! I even cheated and only watched from the bottom of the 8th and on. You see…someone who isn’t a baseball person scheduled my book club meeting at 7:00 p.m. The trendy little café we were meeting at did not hesitate to shut down my request to change the channel to FSN North. Nope, CNN World News was staying on for everyone else’s enjoyment.

That brings us to the 8th Inning…
So, there I was, standing in my living room, car keys still in hand and eyes glued to the television. During the ramblings of Dick and Bert I took my shoes off and set my purse down. During the “patch up Joe’s arm” recap I quickly grabbed the container of Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. I figured I would need it for commiserating over the game. Oh, that ice cream was so not needed! What a great game. What a great build up. What a great sweep.

By the way I got to break the news of last night’s come-back win to one of my baseballies (and co-worker) this morning at 7:15 a.m. This particular person went to be in the 8th thinking it was over. Oh no my baseballie friend. Side note: The baseballies in my world are friends and co-workers who attend, discuss and re-cap the games. They are also the ones (insert: men) that challenge Amy and my views, knowledge and general coolness about baseball and the Minnesota Twins.

And because I promised Amy…
What the heck is up with the All-Star ballot putting the DH nominees in the 1st Base spot? Oh, I know the basic reasons (it is on NL turf and they don’t use a DH and they have to go somewhere.) But why put him in the 1st Base spot? Why not as an outfielder where they have three choices? Anyways, we would both be sad/mad if Big Papi beat out Morneausey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. You're doing a great job yourself. I'll gladly exchange links with you. Stay in touch!

Comedy Club said...

That's almost the exact time I got home from work to see the game. That was WAY better than seeing that game via refreshing ESPN mobile every five seconds.

Risa said...

O.K. so I was at that game and it was BEAUTIFUL! Actually, I felt very gloomy the first 8 innings. Santana wasn't able to garner a win--and although it wasn't his best outing, if the boys had been hitting...still it was only 2-0 in the 9th. When Castillo got on, I thought, we can make this happen. I didn't sit down the whole bottom of the 9th. It was fantastic. I screamed till my throat was raw.

Such a sweet sweep!