Man oh man, October was bitter-ish, November was numb, December was a blur with rumors, January was officially sucky and February…well, February has been dragging its heels.
Let’s play the game of Good News, Bad News
· Today officially starts Spring training! Fantastic!!!
· Great blog entries from Oh it’s Those Girls and One Man Grand Slam.
· Thanks to Becca over at Twins Sisters I have plenty of warning for the next FSN Classics games they are airing. 2/22 @ 7:00 p.m. CT, the game with Scott Baker from 8/31/07 and 2/26 @ 7:00 p.m. CT, F-Bomb takes on Tampa Bay from 7/18/06.
Alas, Bad News
· Pictures of Santana in Mets uniforms (sorry Metsgrrl but it still stings a little bit)
· This article from Jon Heyman from Sports Illustrated. Seriously, I don’t know why I keep reading his articles, 75% of the time he pisses me off. It is his annual Making the Grade write-up. Boy oh boy are the Twins getting hit below the belt before the season even starts, everyone thinks we are just going to barely make it through the season. Well, the Twins ranked #25 and got a grade of “D”
25. Twins. Don't blame the front office. This is all on tightwad multibillionaire owner Carl Pohlad, who squeezed $400 million out of the taxpayers of Hennepin County, then somehow couldn't find anything close to market value for either Santana or Hunter. New GM Bill Smith did his best to replace Hunter by landing Delmon Young for the offense and speedy, strong-armed Carlos Gomez for center. It's hard to blame him for expecting Hank Steinbrenner to give up the store for Santana, but in retrospect, maybe Smith should have jumped on that Phil Hughes/Melky Cabrera/Jeff Marquez offer. D
Non-Baseball, but no less important
One of the things that make me happy is when my favorite songs are covered in a very different style.
I blogged about Radiohead and my mini walk down memory lane with their song “Creep” which got my Google-fingers going.
Here is a You Tube link to a cover of the song. Don’t mind the actual videos, just check out the song!
Creep covered by Richard Cheese
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Early one morning the sun was shining/I was lying in bed/Wondering if she’d changed at all/if her hair was still red
Ah, Sunday mornings. I am sitting at my laptop, drinking coffee, eating a scone (which tastes like cardboard), listening to Bob Dylan warble through Tangled Up and Blue (one of my favorite songs of his) and reading headlines. The house is quiet, the weather is mild (a balmy 31) and the ground is dry. Oh and baseball season HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED!!!