Gardenhire Deciding Lineup
Pioneer Press – Phil Miller
Star Tribune – La Velle E. Neal III and Joe Christensen
Well, it is getting closer and closer and that means I am getting more and more impatient for it to just start already, damn it.
I caught the rebroadcast of the Diamond Awards on FSN. I gotta tell you, the montages really suck me in and tear me up (as in crying like a baby.)
So, on Thursday, February 28 at noon the first Spring Training game kicks off against The Reds.
Non-baseball but no less important
2/27 – Foo Fighters!
5/2 – Bob Schneider @ Fine Line (hubba hubba)
5/3 – Kate Nash @ First Ave
Linked, for your pleasure
89.3 The Current is the newest addition to Minnesota Public Radio; mind you it is at least three years old. In my section of the Land O’Cubicles we listen to this station all day long and it rocks. Where else can you hear the Klaxons, Kate Nash, Tupac, Vicki Lawrence, Dolly Parton and Count Basie? No where’s, that’s where!
89.3 The Current
For great live in-studio performances check out their You Tube page!
Speaking of the Klaxons, I don’t believe I have ever uttered their name in this blog. Shame on me. The Klaxons were introduced to me by a friend’s ex-boyfriend (who shall be called Schmike) and he could have easily been the president of the Americans for The Klaxons Fan Club.
Here are a couple links:
The Klaxons – Golden Skans
The Klaxons – It’s Not Over Yet
And the Oscar goes to…
Last night I went over to Tiff’s house for the Monday Night Happy Hour Oscar Party. Let me summarize with my favorite bullet points (Arial font, size 9)
· George Clooney needs to whiten his teeth
· George Clooney met his current girlfriend when she was a cocktail waitress at the Palms Casino in Vegas, a la Harlequin Romance Novel Plot.
· Even after watching her on the Barbara Walters special, we all hate Miley Cyrus (or Destiny Hope if ya’ll is feeling trashy.) Sorry to all the Hannah Montana lovers.
· Javier Bardem is hawt! (again with the teen lingo)
· I know somebody cares but did do we really need two separate awards for Sound Editing and Sound Mixing?
· Ooooh baby, when James McAvoy was presenting and speaking with his gorgeous accent the whole room melted.
· Jon Stewart is funny.
· I feel vindicated about “Falling Slowly” from the film Once winning best original song!!! I have been touting this film and soundtrack for a looooong time.
· Vegan Joe thinks Marketa Irglova from Once is pretty.
· Anne Hathaway is flawless
· We don’t like Penelope Cruz but we don’t know why.
· We were obsessed with Daniel Day-Lewis’ wife’s hideous broach and red bowties.
· Diablo Cody was a breath of fresh-fashion air!
· I am a bit confused to why some famous people were at the Oscars (P.Diddy, Miley Cyrus, The Rock)
· Jennifer Garner has to be Best Dressed!
· Jennifer Hudson…uh…yeah…no.
· Viggo Mortensen needs to get rid of the crazy facial hair!
· Renee Zellweger is scary
Hell no, we won’t go
Three floors down from me, on street-level, there are about a dozen people walking in circles with picket-signs. I can’t see what the hell they are picketing for but I wish they could keep their chanting to a dull roar. Seriously, it is all I can hear and it is making me mental. Mental, I tell you! Shit, one of the strikers has a ten-gallon pickle bucket that he is beating on like a drum. Y’ar.
Update: Now someone has two cooking pot lids and is banging them like cymbals. Son of a…