Monday, February 11, 2008

Meet you downstairs in the bar and heard/Your rolled up sleeves and your skull t-shirt

Pitchers and Catchers report in a little over five days
Hopefully the upcoming weeks will answer all our questions regarding Guerrier, Carmen Cali, Crain, Monroe, Punto and others.

Oh, and looking at the 40-man roster makes me feel very (very) old since a handful of the players have birth years of 1984 and 1985. Sweet baby Jesus, they are just young ‘uns.

Mailbag!
For gibegi
To answer your question I am stealing information from Aaron Gleeman.

Phil Miller of the St. Paul Pioneer Press
reports that Jesse Crain "is ready for spring training as he normally would be" after undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery in May. "I'm throwing five times a week," Crain said. "I do two bullpens two times a week, and everything is fine. No pain at all." Crain has made great progress, but a torn labrum and rotator cuff is just about the worst possible combination for a pitcher, making him far from a sure thing to return at full strength. So far, so good.

Non-baseball
Damn TV, be less addicting!
Last night was a big TV nights thanks to the Grammy’s and the BAFTA’s (BBC America.) I tried my damnedest to flip between the two and catch everything important.
Here is the brief breakdown of the two shows:
Grammy’s
Foo Fighters were fan-fucking-tastic. I can’t wait to see them in a few weeks!
Kanye’s performance of “Stronger” was great. My co-worker M and I always jam to this song in our cubicles.
Amy Winehouse cleaned up with her awards. I am still undecided how I feel about that. I never like when one artist dominates the show.
Rihanna is gorgeous!
Click
here for the Grammy Winners
The Music of the Day (MOD) comes from Amy Winehouse’s performance. I don’t think it was her best sounding but it was still good.

BAFTA’s
I “heart” James McAvoy and his dishy Scottish accent. Speaking of Scottish things I just saw Doug from Travis at the BAFTA’s sitting by his wife, Kelly MacDonald, who was up for the best supporting actress in No Country for Old Men.
My number 1 crush, Orlando Bloom gave an award away.
Oh, Daniel Radcliffe just came out to give an award out. Okay, this will sound a little cliché but Little ‘Arry Potter has grown up, eh?
BAFTA Winners

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling pretty good that Delmon Young is supposedly reporting with pitchers and catchers. A positive sign, perhaps?

So. Ready. For baseball.

Baseball_Lipgloss said...

Oh man, February 28 can't come soon enough!!! That is our first Spring Training game against the Reds.