It was a weekend of baseball and Tom Jones!
We were lucky enough to be able to watch both Saturday and Sunday’s games on the old fashion television set. Here are a few observations from the games:
· Craig Monroe seems like a very nice guy. He was full of praise for the coaching staff and team.
· Gomez is really putting an effort to get noticed. Third Base Line (TBL) sent me a text during his base stealing craze on Saturday about his wicked speed. He had a couple good hits, lots of speed and full-effort catch that slammed him into the back wall of center field. I am excited to see what he will bring this season. He will definitely not be boring.
· It looked so lovely and warm in Florida.
· Slowey had a good start on Saturday. Livan did not have a good start on Sunday.
What’s new pussycat?
Saturday evening I ventured to Mystic Lake Casino in Prior Lake, Minnesota to see Sir Tom Jones live and in concert. I sat amongst a full theater of mostly women and mostly over 50 fans. Foley and I rocked, clapped, sang, chair-danced (because no one would stand up and groove.) I laughed my ass off at the women throwing their panties on stage. I was a little embarrassed by the attempts of Sir Tom Jones to shake his booty and show a little rhythm. After the concert I used my Side Kick and Wikipedia to find out he is almost 68 years old so any of his efforts were pretty damn good. Here are some random bullet points from the evening:
· I knew almost every song he sang.
· We were 10 rows away from Jones. Tom Jones.
· Foley is now a converted fan.
· At one point I wished I had a pair of underwear to throw on stage. (I blame the two Smirnoff Ice and cans of Miller Lite for that thought.)
· Tom Jones is a dirty, dirty man.
· Our favorite song was his remake of Prince’s “Kiss”
Here is the song from the JC Penny – American Living commercial.
Killing the blues – Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
If you want to hear the whole song, along with some pretty scenery, click the link below: