Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I got some bad news this morning/Which in turn made my day/When this someone spoke I listened

Remember when we were in first for two sweet days?
I have a hard time with the weeknight west coast games because my alarm goes off at 5:30 and well, I need all the beauty sleep I can get. However, between Those Girls and my office yahoos (you know, the guys that talk baseball in really condescending tones) I feel like I have sufficiently been recapped. So, what the hell is happening?

Purely selfish reasons

All I gotta say is the boys better get to playing bat and ball again because I am not driving seven hours in the Rendezvous with the girls singing Steve Miller Band and Def Leppard to see a couple chump games. Okay? Okay.

Around the leagues
Who says entertainment programming can’t cover professional sports? In a witty blend of humor and mockery Best Week Ever poked fun at the Pittsburg Pirate’s sports announcer Lanny Frattare’s reaction to his bromance’s (pitcher Sean Burnett) downfall. (If you couldn’t tell from the beginning of the clip the announcer really, really likes the pitcher.) Be warned, this clip contains a “come-back kid” story not unlike Josh Hamilton. The best part? During the “look how far he’s come” and “he’s amazing” speech they are interrupted by a home-run off of Burnett. *chuckles*

AND then shit hits the fan!

Moon over the Metrodome – Bert-isms at their best
So wrong and yet so funny

Non-baseball but no less funny

National Night Out – August 5, 2008
So, I cheated on my South Minneapolis neighborhood and went to someone else’s National Night Out block party. My friend T lives in this super cute neighborhood in the Minnehaha area and she invited me along. Not only did they cater in Chipotle burritos they also had a live Blue-grass band playing. There were games, beer, prizes and neighborhood gossip. Yes Virginia, there are nice neighborhoods.

Allow me a few moments to Fangirl

The one time my job and American Idol commingle
Hey, I have been pretty good at keeping the old-enough-to-know-better fangirling to a minimum. So, you may or may not know (and may or may not care) but I work in a place that has Market Watch/MSNBC/CNBC and those boring stock shows playing all day long. Zzz… Anyways, my ears perked up when I heard that the American Idols would be ringing the closing bell last Friday afternoon. So, I did what any red-blooded American Idol lovin’ gal would do, I gathered the other fans and had a viewing party at one of the television sets (the one where they would make the least amount of fun of us at.) Alas, being a “news” based show they only showed a five-second clip with them clapping at the closing bell. Still, they all looked cool! (cough*davidcook*cough) Here’s what is floating around office email right now…HEY! It’s work-related, see the NASDAQ sign?


Canadian Idol, eh!
Okay, how come Canadian Idol gets Tom Jones!?!?! Totally. Not. Fair. Oh, and sticking with my fangirling…the singer is wearing guyliner AND has a nose piercing AND he’s singing CREEP! He’s a triple threat! …I think I am in love.

Drew Wright (Canadian Idol) – Creep


Music of the Day
Okay, I saw this music video over the weekend and totally got hooked! First, the song is cool (real cool) but it is the actual video that sucked me in. Ch-ch-check it out!

Gnarls Barkley – Who’s Gonna Save My Soul






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I love your blog! Combining baseball and music...genius. Nice Canadian Idol clip.

Please bring some luck to the team in KC!

Baseball_Lipgloss said...

Thanks aprilzz,

Since American Idol is over the for the season I need to geek-out over something new, so that's where Canadian Idol comes in. Ooo Canada.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Kansas City!

linda said...

Thanks for that funny clip!

Amy said...

Now, now Jen. You make it sounds like you are being forced to go on the trip when: 1) You suggested the trip in the first place and B) It's your Steve Miller Band CD that WE will be singing to.

But yeah, they had better bring their A game!

Ann Harrison said...

Just me, quietly saying, I'm still here...