Thursday, August 21, 2008

Like those guys with guitars/I’ve been watching in bars/Who’ve been stamping their feet to a different beat

Oakland Eeeeh’s Series

Inside my head I am saying the A’s like The Fonz would, if that helps clear up how crazy I am at all.

Monday 8/18: L 2-3
Tuesday 8/19: W 13-2
Wednesday 8/20: W 3-1

I caught a tiny bit of Monday’s game from my barstool at Rossi’s but the conversation around me was way too distracting to focus. I made it home in time to catch a little more of the game but you see, my favorite Auntie had the remote and her love of all things Two and a Half Men won over baseball.

Tonight we start our crazy-ass roadtrip. (Somehow I don’t see the players getting all fangirly over Sonic, Malt-o-Meal factories and listening to Dolly Parton like my roadtrip crew did.) West coast games are a bit of a sticky-widget for me because staying up until midnight isn’t always an option (especially when my alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m.) Alas, if those are the only woes from this trip I will gladly deal.

Have Foam Finger will Travel

After the success of the Foam Finger’s trip to KC I am thinking of making him a more active part of my life. He will be like the Traveling Gnome, Flat Stanley, and my very own Roman Action Figure (who has long since retired after a sketchy trip to Vegas.)

Non-baseball but no less important

Scenes from the corner of 38th Street & Chicago Avenue (South Minneapolis)
Me: in my black Jeep at the stoplight
You: pulled up along side me in your identical black Jeep
Me: gives a quick glance at you and notices your rockin’ mullet
You: gives me the head-nod thing (you know, waaaaz up)
Me: barely contains my snort of laughter

Then…I realize I have the same car as a guy with a mullet. Hey, what’s someone with a mullet doing in south Minneapolis?

Overheard on local radio station
Radio DJ: Congrats! You just won third row tickets to the Back Street Boys concert!
Caller: (in a less-than-enthusiastic voice) What? Oh…okay. Um, hmm…
Radio DJ: CONGRATS!
Caller: Yeah… (hangs up)

MMAhahahahaha…totally LMMFAO (laughing my mother fucking ass off!)

Music of the Day
This isn’t an actual music video; I just wanted you to hear a clear recorded version of this song. Martha Wainwright has a beautiful voice, almost haunting. She has a new album out which is lovely but the first one is her best! (My opinion.)

Martha Wainwright – Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the guy with the mullet got lost on his way home to Coon Rapids from the Mall of America. (I can say it cuz I live there!)