Thursday, August 2, 2007

Game? What game?

Everyone has heard about the bridge that collapsed in Minnesota. It is all that has been on the television. Everyone has been talking about it, the Prez, Mayor, Governor, bus drivers, co-workers…and so on. Last night I was in the Metrodome with 20,000 other people checking our cell phones for updates and fielding frantic text messages and calls.

Yes, I went to the game last night. I had a Dollar Dog, drank a beer and mocked the poor ushers chasing beach balls. I don’t remember much of the game since I spent half of it answering text messages and trying to figure out what really was going on. I felt strangely oblivious to what was happening. It wasn’t until I got home around 9:30 (yes, I left the game in the 7th) that I saw the destruction.

Yes, there was a game that was played and lost by the Minnesota Twins. Maybe everyone was distracted but…Did Gardy forget that Rincon ruins things? Where was the offense? How did two guys get “picked” off first? When will we replace Castillo’s lead off spot with a hitter? So many questions…can they be answered?

No comments: