Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pissing In My Wheaties and other random things

Well, it appears I picked a fine time to miss a few ugly games. As some of you may know I was incommunicado this weekend due to Girls Family Vacation 2007. I can’t say that I necessarily “missed” seeing the Twins fail to deliver anything spectacular. I watched a little of last night’s game (Monday) until the storm got bad and FSN was flickering. First, I hate West Coast games because they don’t start until 9:00 p.m. and when I have to be to work at 7:00 a.m. that sucks. Laziness aside, I had some hope in the 7th when Baby Jesus (Mauer) tied the game. I thought…hey, this is it; this is Eye of the Tiger!

Denied.

So…moving on. This morning I was told by a co-worker to start preparing for football season since our baseball one will be ending. Well, I couldn’t deck the guy but I did give him a firm “dressing down” for pissing in my Wheaties at 7:15 a.m. (first day back after a long weekend.) Seriously, if you want to mess with the bull you are going to get the verbal horns. Note: I am trying to fit as many random sayings into this entry.

Amy, can you guess who said that to me?

Well, c’est la vie. Today is another day and another game. Let’s hope Garza can live up to his Wonder Boy title and take care of Seattle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your co-worker is mean! Why would he say something like that? A bad baseball game is still better than a good football game, if there is such a thing.

Curveball said...

Well, maybe it's time for the Twins to start eating Wheaties, the so-called "Breakfast of Champions" -- rather than the lazy hazy oatmeal, drenched in soy milk, and covered with nuts and organic berries they probably have each and every a.m.

Football season is still a month away, yet they dominate the front pages of sports mags and even the local papers. Give me a friggin' break.

The good news (and tell this to your co-worker), the local football season (both pro and collegiate) basically ends when the score is posted for the first game.

Sarah said...

Football's all right, but I can't get to excited about a team that only plays once a week. I'm WAY too obsessive for that. Much too casual.

Karlee said...

well.
they made me piss in my wheaties.........

With pure utter happiness b/c they EFFING WON.

Yep.