The Last Hit by High and Mighty
I would like to put a disclaimer on this entry because my household (well the adults at least) have been stricken down by the Common Cold. Right now I have tissues with lotion, lots of medicine, cough drops with vapors and eye drops. I am not in the best place to be writing sentences and such. (Don’t tell my boss that!) Oh, I also lost the ability to pronounce the letter “G.”
Here is a list of thoughts/reactions from last night’s game (only until the 7th, which is when my drugs kicked in)
* How can a Twins fan not love last night’s game? I can’t help but feel like we owned that town last night. Besides the obvious win it was great to see so many Twins fans in the crowd. (Note: if I was a KC fan I would feel very different and territorial.)
* I have to give major props to Stacy since when I walked in the door last night she already had the game on. See, baseball is addicting.
* Did anyone else get fed up with the awkward argument between Dick and Bert regarding Barry Bonds? I don’t think they could have been more passive aggressive. Please, for the love of All-Star High-tops, don’t carry the issue/topic/argument into two innings. One is enough!
* Did anyone else feel a kind of “sweet justice” when Torii hit his homerun after the Great Morneausey Debate? I did. In fact there may have been a little “in your face” going on.
* Anytime we go through the line-up in an inning is a guaranteed good time. The players said it, Gardy said it and us fans said it…They were having fun out there.
* At 5:30 this morning I caught the end of the rebroadcast of yesterday’s game. It felt like I was in a time vortex, floating in a parallel baseball universe.
* For anyone who cares…last night I slept with a tissue jammed up my right nostril. Damn cold. Oh, and nose rings? Not as “bad ass” during a cold.