Monday, December 24, 2007

‘Roid Rage/Human Growth Rage

I sure do hope spring training comes soon. They only things filling the sports news slots are reactions to the Mitchell Report (ba, ba, bum) and rumors. Skip to the end for non-Mitchell Report baseballness.

We have all commented on or mocked the Mitchell Report (which now has an Olympic like theme for the opening, thank you) that was released last week. My Land O’Cubicles has been in a flurry taking names down and keeping track of who is reported, who denies and who admits usage. With the release of Knoblauch’s name many of my crazy-drinking-baseball-game-attendees have been preening righteously. I guess after ten years the hurt feelings have not gone away. To quote Mr. Darcy:

Maybe it’s that I find it hard to forgive the follies and vices of others, or the offenses against me. My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever.” – Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen.

I think the one thing that was highlighted for me, in a very shallow way, is Schilling martyring himself out in the following article:
Schilling Calls on Clemens to give up Cy Youngs if Rocket doesn’t clear name

Now, it appears that Clemens is speaking out (via Youtube):


I guess we will get all the details in his interview with 60 Minutes.

Twins Fest 2007!
January 25 – 27 will have the Metrodome all in a flutter with meeting our new players and sighing in relief over the ones we kept. This lipgloss-wearing gal will most likely be there but you won’t see her standing in any autograph line. (I just don’t have the attention span and dedication for that.) I am more of a people watcher, early ticket buyer and shopper. I am betting that many of you will be there also. Who will you be standing in line for?

2 comments:

Curveball said...

Curlz and I will be there. I'll be standing in line and no doubt be $100 bucks lessened (they do charge for most autographs.) I may try for Killebrew for my third year...the previous two had hours of waiting and cut off before the big moment.

Big pain, standing outside in the cold as they open too few gates. And some people seem to get in early (season ticket holders?).

Baseball_Lipgloss said...

Yeah, I am not one for waiting. I guess if I had a beer and a magazine I could be someone's lineholder.

I will check about the early enterence for season ticket holders. The guy in my office has season suite tickets and doesn't go to things like this.