This may seem cliché but TGIF! Longest. Week. Ever.
And we’re back!
Tonight I will be in attendance at the game (evidently along with the rest of the blogging world!) Third Base Line and I will be parked in her seats chatting about music and sports happenings. It’s been a while since I’ve been to a game so I am looking forward to the sounds of the dome. I am sure there will be some people-watching down at field level. Hopefully I can bring baseball back to this “baseball” blog.
In the meantime…I fangirled over The Who last night.
Non-baseball but no less important
Who are you / Who who who who
Last night I parked myself in front of cable television to watch VH1’s Rock Honors: The Who. I have been waiting for this since…well; they started airing those damn commercials. Here are my thoughts (mild warning for slightly tipsy rambling because of a happy hour which involved Mother Booze):
* Foo Fighters opening the show couldn’t have been better. I love that band (proved from my concert notes from when I saw them earlier this year.) To channel a 16-year old girl fangirling over David Archuleta (runner-up in American Idol) “They are hawter than hawt.”
* The Flaming Lips are made of Win! I have always had a crush on the lead singer Wayne Coyne.
* The red carpet photos are filled with random celebrities that I never imagined would be Who fans but evidently are fans of publicity (*cough*KimKardashian*cough*)
* The Who fucking sang my song (they sunged ma song)…Baba O’Riley. Something about the opening that makes the hair on my arms stand on end.
* Whoa, they sang my other song…Behind Blue Eyes. Fuck ya!
* You can bet your damn pony that I will be rocking out to The Who on my iPod in the morning.
*Sigh* Yeah, those were the thoughts in my head at the time.
What level of offended should I be?
A co-worker (affectionately called Ass Clown) said whilst standing in a group setting “Actually Jen, I am surprised you know who The Who are.”
Saturday, July 19 is Willie Nelson Day at the Electric Fetus! Be there or be square!
Hey, everyone have a fan-fucking-tastic weekend!
MOD – Local Music
Today’s featured local band is Trip Shakespeare. I was introduced to them via Stacy. There are a lot dotted lines coming and going from this band:
Trip Shakespeare’s members Dan and Matt Wilson
Matt Wilson started new band called The Flops
Dan Wilson released solo album in 2007 and won a Grammy for co-writing songs on Dixie Chicks “Taking the Long Way.”
Dan Wilson founding member of the band Semisonic (with radio-friendly hits: Closing Time, Chemistry)
Trip Shakespeare – Drummer like Me