Monday, May 12, 2008

Daydream/I fell asleep beneath the flowers/For a couple of hours/On a beautiful day

Well, hells bells. Last night game was friggin’ awesome. You see, I wasn’t at the game in-person but due to the power of technology and my baseball-peeps having text-skill(z) I felt like I was in the crowd. Let’s see…it was unanimous that some of the Red Sox fans were obnoxious, the knuckleball was fun to watch and Nathan kept everyone on the edge of the seats. Thanks to TBL, Curlz and Sam…you were all much more patient than I would be with Red Sox fans standing up in front of me.

One of the things that stood out to me was Blackburn (singing in the dead of night/take these broken wings and learn to fly) hitting two hitters. I think I need to research the clarification on if a hitter gets hit whilst showing bunt and his body is on home plate. Is that a hit batter? Because it seems like he could have avoided it if he would have moved his red-stocking ass over to the right a little (his right, of course.)
Here are some answers I found on a random site called Umpire Test:
14. While attempting to bunt a pitch the batter steps on home plate but does not hit the ball. The umpire rules the batter out because the batter is out of the box. (2.00-Illegally Batted Ball)(6.06a)

Non-baseball but no less important
What does a perfect day look like?
Sunday I experienced a perfect day (and I even spent most of it with family!) For the first time in a looooong time I got to sleep in until 10:00 a.m. I woke up and lazed around, listened to the radio (not a children’s CD), took a nap in the car on the drive up to my aunts, played outside in the sun, cheered Lucy when she rode her bike, had great food and watched baseball. All in all, the perfect Sunday.



Sticking with my theme, here is a short (two minute) long video montage I made of Lucy riding her bike (well) for the first time!!!

Lucy’s first bike ride


Music of the Day
I have been addicted to a song on the AT&T Mother’s Day commercial. After extensive searching (a la Google) I found out that the song is by Lupe Fiasco featuring Jill Scott. Enjoy getting this one stuck in your head!

Lupe Fiasco – Daydreamin’


Click here for the short, commercial clip

No comments: