Saturday, April 19, 2008

And he’s oh, so good/And he’s oh, so fine/And he’s oh, so healthy/In his body and his mind

Well, it appears we were virtually shutdown last night. Ah, man. I was hoping for a Liriano Miracle. I only got to watch the last three innings (and I had to arm wrestle an almost-three-year-old for the remote.) I did some toddler appeasing by flipping between baseball and Chimp Eden (oh, brother.)

I don’t have much else to write about since the Twins didn’t do anything (literally.) Wait! I was very happy to see Kubel in Right Field. Although he didn’t do anything offensively I think he has proved himself in the past so hopefully he’ll get another start today. So there.

Non-baseball but no less important

Record Store Day

Hey, looks like fate is making this one easy for me. I still haven’t gone out to pick up my copy of the Kooks new album. In honor of Record Store Day I will be hitting up the Electric Fetus today to show my support and possibly buy more CDs than I really need. Hey, the morale is…support your local music stores! Don’t get me wrong, I like it easy too. I love Bordersstores.com, where I can check if items are in stock. I sure do love ordering from Amazon.com (mostly because I get gift certificates from work) but every so often you have to go outside your comfort zone. Now, I get how sometimes these independent stores can be intimidating and cliquey (some of them are) but everyone is still there for the same reason, music. Although you may get a weird look if you are searching for a Back Street Boys album (and no, that’s not from personal experience.)


Now, all I have to do is get my lazy ass up and get dressed. I know that the occasional scruffy person shops at the record store but I think an old Twins t-shirt and flannel pajama bottoms may be pushing the envelope.

Music of the Day
Not that I am bragging or anything but I think my niece is pretty kick ass when it comes to her music taste. The first song she ever sang (that was gag-inducing children’s music) was Bon Jovi’s “Living on a Prayer.” She has since moved on to singing AC/DC’s “Listen to the Money Talk”, Jimmy Buffet’s “Margaritaville”, Beastie Boy’s “Sure Shot” (she doesn’t really like it though), Plain White T’s “Delilah” and now almost the entire soundtrack to Juno.

Lucy singing The Kinks “Well Respected Man”

Sorry about the bouncy camera, we were on a bumpy road. I was also trying to keep Lucy awake so she looks a little out of it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

She is going to be SO much cooler than her classmates when she gets to school. Good work!

James said...

The Kinks are the best

Baseball_Lipgloss said...

James,
I thought you would get a kick out it.

linda said...

good job!