Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back into the life he wants and the confession of the bench/Life outside the diamond is a wrench

Well, I think every Twins blog is saying just about the same thing:
* Everett let us down with his fielding error. (And to twist the knife, he has been hyped as having stellar defense.)
* Guerrier.
* Neshek had a second bombed night.
* Blackburn seems to be jinxed.
* We “woke the Tigers.”

The end result is that we suffered an ugly, embarrassing loss to the Detroit Tigers (formerly 2-10)

In good Minnesota Sporting News…the Minnesota Wild took it into overtime and beat the Avalanche 3-2.

Overheardinminneapolis.com
So, Come On Down To The Metrodome!
Little Boy: Ewww… what’s that smell?
Slightly Tipsy Dad: Prolly barf.
Little Boy: Yuck! You’re gross!
Slightly Tipsy Dad: What? It’s a Twins game. People come to get drunk, then they barf, and you smell it. That’s how it goes.
Walking out of the Metrodome after a Twins game
Overheard by That’s not why I go to Twins games.

Unfortunately,
I don’t have much else to say because of an unusually high amount of over-the-counter drugs in my system to fight off this never-ending merry-go-round of germs the damn Land O’Cubicles has given me. (Oh, bad sentence but you know what I mean.)

Music of the Day
Ah, here’s a little baseball song to get us back in the groove.

Belle & Sebastian – Piazza, New York Catcher

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor Matt Guerrier. I hope he hasn't caught the suck germ from Juan Rincon. That would be disasterous.

Anonymous said...

I'm still tossed on whether my new jersey is cursed...

http://wintwins.blogspot.com/2008/04/i-need-reassurance.html

UGH.

Baseball_Lipgloss said...

Wintwins57 - I think you have to give the jersey a few more chances. Maybe it hit a slump right out of the gate.