Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Why don’t you walk away/The sun won’t swallow the sky/Why don’t you walk away/Statues will not cry

Last night Amy and I were at the game in our “usual seats.” (We are splitting a partial package with someone so now we have familiar people around us.) Before the game I met us with Oh, it’s THOSE Girls (who are just as funny in real life as they are in blog life.) Oh, and you all may be jealous but I saw their sign (dubbed as The World’s Coolest Sign) in person. Yep, it is as cool as you think.

Here are my Game Notes:
* One of the “Regulars” sitting in front of us took his shoe off and sniffed it. It’s not really baseball-y but it sure is damn weird.
* Franz Ferdinand played when the White Sox pitcher was taken out…I love the sound of you walking away. Someone with cool music taste is working the sound booth.
* Oh Sweet Baby Jesus! Save me from the know-it-all fans. We had a group of men sitting behind us kept making comments about pitching styles and fielding practice like they knew what the hell they were talking about. Dudes, just because you watch Sports Center doesn’t mean you can speak intelligently about baseball. Don’t get me wrong, I normally don’t make any sense but they kept trying to one-up themselves.
* So far my record is 3-1 for in attendance wins.

Photos from the game:

Amy had to handle all four of our Twingo cards. I am not saying she did a bad job but we didn’t win.

These are the headsets that I have declared I won’t wear.

The cup holders at The Dome suck! They are tilted at a sharp angle so beer spills out. Alcohol abuse!

Today at noon I will be back at The Dome drinking beer and cheering on the Twins (with TBL) whilst my co-workers sit in cubicles working. Mmmwhwahahahaha (evil laughter)

Pimping out my local radio station
You have heard it all before, I love 89.3 The Current! Tomorrow (which also happens to be my birthday, thank-you-very-much) they are having a Radio Free day. This means the whole day will be requests. You can go online and submit your picks! Do it! DO. IT.

Radio Free Current – Control the Airwaves

Here are my selections:
Babyshambles – Delivery
Fratellis – For the Girl
Kooks – You Don’t Love Me
Leonard Cohen – Democracy
Travis – All I Want To Do Is Rock
VHS or Beta – Bring on the Comets
White Stripes – Icky Thump
22-20s – Devil in Me
Radiohead – Creep
Vicki Lawrence – Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia

Monday Night Happy Hour at the Red Dragon
On Monday night we decided to change it up a little bit and head towards uptown to the Red Dragon.
* Before Monday night I had never walked into the Red Dragon sober.
* After a couple of beers the selections on the jukebox seem to be the world’s greatest party mix.
We were trading dollars like strippers in order to one-up the weirdoes at the bar that kept picking Luther Vandross. Nuh uh. No one likes a little Luther at a bar…No. One. Better.
* I squealed like Vegan Joe at the midnight showing of Lord of the Rings when I saw the jukebox had The Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, Regina Spektor and Dexies Midnight Runners.
* The Red Dragon is known for their curiously strong cognac glasses filled with pretty, fruity drinks.

On next week’s very special episode of Monday Night Happy Hour…we will be celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Too bad there isn’t a parade so that we have an excuse to drink in the streets again (a la St. Patrick’s Day.)

Music of the Day
Franz Ferdinand – Walk Away

1 comment:

James said...

Maybe the same person who handles the music was there last year. I attened a game that we lost against the (then) D Rays (the one where Carl Crawford hit an inside-the-park HR). After the game the music was The Kinks 'Better Things'. I thought 'How appropiate'

and the Twins should have Twingo every game!